Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Appitizer
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with rack in the middle.
- Cut each sweet potato in half crosswise, then cut each half into half lengthwise, cutting each resultant quarter into 3 or 4 equal sized wedges.
- Arrange wedges in a single layer on a wire rack inside of a rimmed cookie sheet (this is important to keep wedges from getting soggy) & bake for about 30 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove from oven & turn it up to 475 degrees.
- Return baking sheet, minus the rack, to the oven to heat up.
- Cool the wedges on the rack for about 10 minutes, then carefully remove them to a large bowl.
- Toss wedges with remaining ingredients & pour them onto the hot pan, spreading them into a single layer.
- Roast, flipping once, for about 15-20 minutes, until deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately. (Delicious dunked into a mixture of sour cream, mayo, lime juice, & chipotle powder.)