Roasted Shallot Gravy
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Sauce
- Your shallots and cippolini onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Driftless sunflower oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place shallots/cippolini onions and thyme on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with a little oil.
- Gather up corners of aluminum foil to enclose shallots and place the packet in a pie pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until shallots are soft when gently squeezed.
- Let cool.