Roasted Salsa on the Grill
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salsa
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, left whole
- 1 or two jalapeno peppers, left whole
- 4-5 roma tomatoes, left whole
- ½ a bunch of cilantro, chopped
- juice of a lime or two
- salt to taste
- one ear roasted corn
- On a hot grill, place onions, garlic,& jalapeno(s).
- After a minute or two (check for scorching – you want a bit of blackness, but not total charing), turn all of the above & add romas.
- After another minute, turn anything that’s getting black & carefully turn the tomatoes.
- With a spatula, remove all ingredients to a heatproof bowl & let them sit until cooled a bit.
- Stem & de-seed the jalapeno(s) (you might want to wear gloves) & throw it all in your food processor with the cilantro, lime juice, & salt.
- Pulse to desired consistency.
- Stir in corn if desired.
- Over the summer, make this often as it freezes super well.