Roasted Rutabaga Wedges
Author: (from MACSAC’s ‘From Asparagus to Zucchini’ cookbook)
- 4 medium rutabagas (about 3 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut ends off rutabaga & peel them.
- Use a heavy, sharp knife to cut each rutabaga in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 3-4 long wedges.
- Place wedges in very large baking pan 7 toss with oil to coat. Spread them into a single layer, keeping them from touching one another.
- Roast in a hot oven 20 minutes (if you’ve got convection, use it!).
- Use tongs to turn each wedge over. Roast another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven & toss with balsamic vinegar & salt to taste. Serve hot.