Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 6 cups mixed root veggies of choice (parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, rutabaga, celeriac, potatoes, carrots, etc.) cut into uniform bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. white wine, sherry,
- apple cider, broth, or water
- 2 Tbsp. chopped thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine garlic, liquids, herbs, salt & pepper in large oven proof baking pan.
- Stir in root veggies & bake at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes, stirring several times, until done.
- If you have leftovers, this makes a delicious soup added to vegetable/chicken broth & pureed with some cream.