Roasted Eggplant, Kale, Quinoa and Feta Salad
Quick, healthy meal for a busy day
- 1-2 eggplants, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 Tbsp Driftless Sunflower Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag kale mix, coarsely chopped
- 1½ c. Cooked quinoa
- ¼ c. feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 420 F.
- Toss eggplant, oil and salt and pepper
- together, spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 min, flipping halfway.
- While eggplant is in the oven, take a skillet and heat 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Add kale and 1 minced garlic clove and cook for a few minutes, until wilted.
- Once eggplant is done, immediately remove it from baking sheet and into same skillet as kale (off heat).
- Add quinoa and 2nd minced clove of garlic. This will allow cooked eggplant to release some juices when mixed in with quinoa.
- Add feta and any more salt, if needed.