Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 4 to 6 tablespoons Driftless sunflower oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim bottom of Brussels sprouts, and slice each in half top to bottom.
- Heat oil in cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers; put sprouts cut side down in one layer in pan.
- Put in garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, undisturbed, until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until sprouts are quite brown and tender, about a half hour.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, and serve hot or warm.