Roasted Broccoli and Zucchini with Avocado
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 medium or ¾s of a green zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 2 scallions, yellow parts only
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 rounded tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F Cut the broccoli into even-sized florets (include the stem, peeled and cut into chunks) Cut the zucchini & onions into ½” chunks.
- Place broccoli, zucchini & onions into a bowl, drizzle generously with Driftless Sunflower (or olive) oil, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, and toss well to coat. Pour out evenly onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Insert into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until charred at the edges.
- While the broccoli is roasting, prepare the dressing. Put the parsley, tahini, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a fork to combine, and add a little water, teaspoon by teaspoon, stirring all the while until you get a creamy but not too thick dressing. Taste and add more salt if you think it needs it.
- When the broccoli is cooked, transfer to the bowl, add the avocado and parmesan cheese, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.