Roasted Beet, Fennel & Pea/Green Bean Salad w/Lemon & Goat Cheese
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: American
- 3-4 beetroots, cut into ⅛” half-moons
- 1 fennel bulb, bulb cored & thinly sliced, stems thinly sliced on bias
- 2 c. green beans &/or snap/snow peas, stems snapped
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ c. olive or Driftless sunflower oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ c. scallion tops, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sliced beets in enough of the oil to coat & pour onto a rimmed baking sheet & sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes, until starting get limp.
- Stir in fennel bulbs/stems & a bit more oil & continue to roast for another 10-15 minutes, until beets & fennel are starting to brown a bit.
- Add green beans/peas & roast another 5 minutes or so (you don’t want the vegetables to be mushy).
- Remove from oven & let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, whisk together lemon juice/zest, the remaining oil, & salt & pepper to taste (remember you salted the vegetables already).
- Stir in roasted vegetables & top with scallion tops & cheese.
- Serve warm or room temperature.