Such a pretty way to prepare beauty heart radishes! These easy refrigerator pickles are an easy and tasty way to prepare any kind of radish.
- 1 to 2 beauty heart radishes, thinly sliced into rounds
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns, lightly crushed
- Place radish slices into a clean canning jar.
- In a non-reactive saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil, & simmer for one minute or until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the garlic & peppercorns.
- Pour the hot liquid including the garlic & peppercorns over the radishes.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover & refrigerate.