Refrigerator Pickles (bread & butter type)
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Condiment
The minerals in the sea salt might make the pickles slightly cloudy but will not impair them anyway
- 7-8 pickling cukes, thinly sliced (NOT peeled)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⅓ c. cider or white vinegar
- 1⅔ c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. pickling or non-iodized sea salt
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- ½ tsp. mustard seed
- ¼ tsp. tumeric
- Mix sliced cukes & onions in a large bowl.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar & mix in salt, celery & mustard seeds, & tumeric.
- Pour over cukes/onions, stir gently, & pour into clean jars (make sure liquid covers vegetables).
- Store in refrigerator, keeps for many many months.