Refrigerator Dilly Beans
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Refrigerator pickles
- ¾ c. apple cider vinegar
- ¾ c. water
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. kosher or non-iodized sea salt
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced
- ½ – 1 jalapeno, sliced, or ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. each whole black peppercorns & fennel seeds
- 2 cups worth of green beans, trimmed to fit into jar leaving 1” headspace on top
- A few thin slices of onion
- A few sprigs of dill
- Sterilize a quart jar & lid. Blanch trimmed green beans for 30 seconds, drain, & cool in ice water. Drain. Bring vinegar, water, honey, salt, garlic, chile, peppercorns, & fennel to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt & honey.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Pack green beans, onion, & dill prettily in jar.
- Pour cooled brine over beans.
- Attach lid & let cure in the fridge for at least 3 days before eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to 6 months. Makes 1 quart.
- Double or triple recipe to make more jars.