Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Condiment
- 4 3 - 4 inch long pickling cucumbers
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 3 cloves garlic – or more if you’d like, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- ½ teaspoon dill seed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1or 2 sprigs fresh dill weed
- Choose which way you want to have your cucumbers; thick slices, long and thin, thin slices, whole or halved.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit covered at room temperature for a few hours or overnight.
- When it is time to put the cucumbers in jars, make sure that your jars are very clean; sterilize in the canner or dishwasher.
- Using a slotted spoon remove cucumbers from the brine and put in jars.
- Divide the brine between the jars to cover the cucumbers. Screw lids on tightly and place in refrigerator.
- Check after ten days to see if they are ready to eat!
- They will last at least a month in the fridge. Enjoy!