This Red Chili Bean and Veggie Tacos recipe is easily adapted to include different veggies, crazy toppings, or whatever you can dream up!
Red Chili Bean and Veggie Tacos
- ½ lb red beans, cooked (about a third of your bag)
- 1lb red potatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, quartered
- 1-2 sprigs of green garlic, minced
- 1 bn spring onions, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Driftless Organics sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. each of oregano, chipotle, and black pepper
- Corn or Tortilla + Toppings of choice: salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- While the oven is preheating, coat the potatoes and radishes in 1 Tbsp. oil, spices and a sprinkle of salt. Mix thoroughly and place on a greased baking sheet or dish. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the veggies are tender and crisp, mixing about half way through.
- In the meantime, place the remaining oil in a pan and saute the garlic and half of the spring onions on medium-low for around 5 minutes.
- When the potatoes & radishes are done cooking, add them to the pan and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos by adding a scoop of veggies and a scoop of beans to your tortilla. Top with lettuce, some of the remaining chopped spring onions, and whatever other topping you enjoy!