Radish Pineapple Salsa
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 bunch radishes, stems & tails removed
- ⅔ cup pineapple. finely chopped (fresh or canned)
- ¼ cup onion or green onions, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 to 3 Tbsp. hot sauce
- zest & juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp. salt
- At least an hour (or up to 4 hours) before serving, thinly slice radishes.
- Place in small bowl, toss with salt, and press (place a small plate that just fits inside bowl on top of radishes and set a quart jar of water on top of plate).
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in medium serving bowl.
- Refrigerate if you wish.
- After at least an hour, drain & rinse radishes & stir into pineapple mix.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with Caribbean food.