Potato Salad with a Twist
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 or 4 mid sized Désirée potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium orange carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow carrot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 or 2 chopped scallions, including the greens
- 1-2 hard boiled eggs, choppe
- 1 sweet roaster pepper, raw or roasted, chopped
- 4 Tbsp juice from dill pickles
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped dill pickles
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place cut potatoes in a large pot.
- Cover with an inch of salted water.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes until just fork tender, then remove and let cool until cool enough to handle, but still warm.
- Put potatoes in a bowl, add pickle juice, pickles, parsley, onions celery, scallions, hard boiled egg, carrots, bell pepper.
- Put the potatoes in to a large bowl.
- Add the juice from the dill pickles.
- Add the finely chopped pickles themselves.
- Add parsley, onions, celery, scallions the hard boiled egg, carrots, and roaster pepper.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard, stir into potato mixture, add salt and pepper.