Potato Salad, New York Style
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 lbs. Russet potatoes
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup bread & butter pickles, chopped
- ½-cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery or green pepper, chopped
- ½ buttermilk
- ½ sour cream
- ½-cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover potatoes with salted water in large pot.
- Cover pot and boil gently until potatoes are tender but still hold their shape, about 30min
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer potato pieces to large bowl.
- Add the chopped vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the potatoes and vegetables and toss gently to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Refrigerate.