Author: Monique Hooker-Cooking with the Seasons
- large russet potato or 1lb red potatoes
- 1 partially baked 9” pie shell
- 3 cups chopped leek, white & light green part only (If there’s not quite enough leek in the box for the recipe, add some chopped collard greens & saute them with the leek.)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg grated Gruyere, Swiss, or goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Gently crush baked potato with a fork into the bottom of the pie shell.
- Saute leek in butter until translucent.
- Transfer to the pie shell.
- Mix together the cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to make a custard.
- Pour over the onion and potato, sprinkle cheese on top (if using)
- Place in the preheated oven, baking for 45 minutes, or until the tourte is golden brown and the custard set.