Potato Carrot Tart
This tart is a great side dish or pretty enough to stand alone! So yummy and hearty. Feeds 2 (stand alone) or 4 (as a side dish)
- 1 Large Baking Potato, thinly sliced *use a mandolin or food processor with a slicing blade to make uniform slices
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ¾ tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Driftless Sunflower Oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ - 1 c. shredded cheese: Swiss or Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly oil a 10 inch tart pan or pie pan.
- Combine the melted butter, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Toss in the potato slices.
- Once coated, take slices and arrange in pie pan to form a “crust”.
- Bake for 20 min.
- While the tart shell bakes, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrot and saute until the onion is limp and colored, about 10 min.
- When the tart shell comes out of the oven, top with onion mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is golden and melted, about 10-15 min.
- Let cool for about 5 min and serve.