Poblano Cream Sauce
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2-3 poblano peppers
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Either over a hot grill, gas stove, or broiler, roast whole peppers until blistered & starting to blacken.
- Place in a covered bowl to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Remove skin under running water, deseed, & chop.
- Set aside. Heat oil or butter in a medium saute pan over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic & stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add black pepper & white wine & simmer until reduced a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped poblanos (about ¾ cup worth) & cream, bring to a boil, & simmer for for about another 6-8 minutes, until thickened.
- Add salt to taste & serve over pasta, chicken, pork,