Pico de Gallo
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Dip
fresh tomato salsa
- 2 medium slicer tomatoes or 4 paste tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients, mix well
- Let sit at room temperature or in the fridge for a half hour to let flavors meld before eating. Keeps in fridge for several days.
- You can freeze it, too, but it will be a bit watery after you thaw it out.