Parsnips in a Dark Beer Glaze
Author: recipe from MACSAC’s ‘From Asparagus to Zucchini’
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound parsnips (about the amount in your box), cut into small chunks
- 1 cup stout or brown ale
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. cloves
- 2 tsp. butter
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Combine parsnips, beer, & spices in heavy saucepan.
- Cover & simmer until barely tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cover & simmer hard until liquid reduces to a glaze.
- Stir in butter. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Stir in optional maple syrup.