Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1½ pounds parsnips, scrubbed & cut into 2” pieces
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup half & half (or heavy cream or milk or creme fraiche, as you prefer)
- 2 Tbsp. green garlic tops, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cover parsnips with cold water in a medium saucepan with lid.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, & simmer until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Drain into a colander, return to pan, add butter & half & half & puree (with masher, immersion blender, or in food processor.
- Season with green garlic tops, thyme, salt, & pepper.