Parsnip Latkes (pancakes)
- 3-4 medium parsnips, coarsely grated
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon onion, chives, or shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- canola/safflower/peanut oil for frying
- Toss the carrots and parsnips with the flour, add the eggs, onions, parsley, salt & pepper. Mix until evenly moistened.
- Heat ¼" of oil in a sauté pan until it is barely smoking.
- Drop about 3 Tbsp. of the batter for each latke (pancake) in the oil and flatten.
- Fry over medium heat until brown on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with apple sauce & sour cream.