- 1lb parsnips (what’s in your box), cubed into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup Driftless Organics sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 Tbsp tahini
- 4 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp water (divided use)
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves for garnish/topping
- Bring the cubed parsnips along with 2 Tablespoons of the oil, cumin, and salt and 1⁄4 cup of the water to a simmer over medium-low heat in a medium pan, stirring to coat as necessary. Cover and reduce heat to low, cook for 10-15 minutes until the parsnips are tender and easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Puree the cooked parsnips along with the minced garlic, tahini, and remaining 2 Tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth and thick, scraping down the sides of the food processor as necessary (about 2 minutes).
- Add additional salt or lemon juice to taste.
- With the motor running slowly, drizzle in enough of the remaining water to create a fluffy consistency (another 2 to 3 minutes).
- Spoon into a bowl and cool to room temperature or covered in the fridge before serving.
- Serve drizzled with extra oil and chopped parsley on top. Enjoy with vegetables, crackers or pita!