These Organic Zucchini Fritters with Soy Dipping Sauce are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re cooking for your family, a party, or just for yourself these are sure to be a hit!
- Soy Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari (soy sauce)
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ pounds zucchini (about 3 medium), grated
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 finely chopped garlic scape
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with ½ teaspoons salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel. Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, flour, chives, and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, drop ¼-cupfuls zucchini mixture into skillet, flattening slightly; cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel lined plate; season with salt.
- Serve with soy dipping sauce.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.