Tomatoes and potatoes make a great pair – and not just because their names rhyme, their scrumptious flavors compliment each other in every way. We hope you love this Organic Tomato Potato Galette recipe just as much as we do!
Tomato Potato Galette
Recipe type: Main Dish
This recipe was originally posted by CSA member Andrew and comes from food.com. It looked (and tasted) too good to not share with everyone. This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 5 medium red potatoes, washed & grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Drfitless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 3 large firm very ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 3 ounces gorgonzola or 3 ounces chevre cheese or 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 whole basil leaves, cut ¼ inch strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the rack in the lowest position.
- Place potatoes in a strainer and press with the back of a spoon to remove all the moisture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, vinegar, egg and two tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Pat the mixture into a well-oiled 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush the crust with the remaining oil.
- Arrange tomatoes in concentric overlapping circles on the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and return to the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is light brown and bubbly.
- Remove and allow to cool for five minutes before cutting into wedges.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.