This Organic Tomato Gratin with Garlic and Parmesan recipe is a crowd pleaser! Makes a fabulous appetizer or dinner!
Tomato Gratin with Garlic & Parmesan
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 4 large or 6-8 small firm but ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt & pepper taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh or 2 tsp. dried basil, oregano, &/or marjoram
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan
- ½ c. bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. Drfitless sunflower oil or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees & lightly oil a baking dish that will fit all the tomato halves in one layer.
- Gently scoop out some of the tomato seeds & squeeze out a bit of the juice from each tomato.
- Place cut side up in the pan & sprinkle with salt, pepper, & herbs. In a small bowl, mix garlic, Parmesan, & bread crumbs, adding a bit of salt & pepper if you wish.
- Carefully top each tomato with a bit of this mixture, then drizzle the oil over the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until tomatoes are bubbly & tops are starting to brown.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.