Spicy Roasted Potatoes and Peppers
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 sweet banana peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped and seeds removed (optional)
- 2 T of the top of your onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a roasting pan, combine potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Using a large spoon or by shaking the pan from side to side, coat the potatoes evenly. Roast the potatoes for 20min. Sprinkle evenly with onion and pepper. Drizzle evenly with chicken/veggie stock.
- Continue roasting 30-45min longer, shaking the pan every 10 to 15 minutes to rotate the potatoes, until they are brown and crusty and onions are caramelized.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the chopped up onion top.