This Organic Roasted Tomatillo and Avocado Salsa is a recipe you’re sure to keep coming back to season after season!
Organic Roasted Tomatillo and Avocado Salsa
Recipe type: Salsa
- ½ pound tomatillos—husked, cored and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly smashed and peeled
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and halved
- ½ white onion, chopped up
- 1 tablespoon Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
- 2 avocados—peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeño and onion with the oil and spread in a single layer. Roast the vegetables until lightly charred and softened, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a blender and let cool.
- Add the avocados, cilantro, sugar, cumin and ½ cup of water and puree until smooth. Add the oregano and lime juice and pulse once or twice until incorporated. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and season with salt. Serve chilled or at room temperature.