This Organic Ginger Glazed Carrots and Golden Beets recipe makes a colorful and healthy side dish! Comes together easily too.
- 1 bunch carrots, greens cut off 1” above root top
- 1 bunch whole golden beets, greens cut off 1” above root top
- 1 bottle/can of gingerale
- 1 whole star anise pod (optional)
- Zest & juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil & boil whole beets for about 20-25 minutes, until just tender.
- Add whole carrots & boil another 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, bring the ginger ale & the star anise to a boil in a skillet large enough to hold all the beets & carrots.
- Boil rapidly until reduced by about half (watch carefully to prevent scorching).
- Slip skins off beets, trim tail & stem & cut into 6-8 wedges/beet.
- Cut bigger carrots in half lengthwise.
- Add to pan of reduced gingerale & stir gently until liquid is syrupy.
- Add lemon juice/zest, butter, salt, & pepper & continue to stir for another minute or so.
- Remove from heat & serve with chives as garnish.
[i]This recipe was created by Dani Lind of [url:2]Rooted Spoon Culinary[/url][/i]
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.