Organic Fish Tacos with Arugula are sure to make a splash with your family at dinner!
Fish Tacos with Arugula
Author: Dani Lind
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 1 lb. white flaky fish like cod, mahi mahi, or walleye or tilapia, cut into long strips
- Corn tortillas
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 c. arugula, washed, dried, & shredded
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- lime wedges for garnish
- ⅔ c. plain yogurt or sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced OR 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Squeeze lime juice & salt over fish.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together & set aside.
- Either grill or bread & deep fry.
- Mix 1 c. flour, 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. salt & quickly mix in an egg beaten with some light beer.
- Roll each piece of fish in flour then dip in breading & slide into a couple of inches of 375 degree oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Warm each tortilla on a hot pan & serve topped with fish, veggies, sauce, & lime wedges.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.