Carrot Top and Garlic Scape Pesto
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 cups packed roughly chopped carrot tops (what your bunch is)
- 6 garlic scapes roughly chopped salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup packed grated parmesan 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- n a blender or food processor, you are going to want to lightly pulse all the ingredients except for the oil until mostly combined. Then set it to process on a low setting and slowly pour the oil in through the opening of the top of the blender/processor, blitzing just until it comes together.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container with a light layer of olive oil on the top. It also freezes well.
- This pesto can be used like regular pesto: as a dip, in pasta sauces, as a sandwich spread, etc.