This Organic Beet Salad with Walnuts and Spiced Sour Cream is fitting just about anytime of year. Beets aren’t just tasty, they’re also rich in vitamins & minerals. So eat up!
Beet Salad with Walnuts and Spiced Sour Cream
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 4 medium beet roots
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or walnut oil
- 1 tsp. dried dill leaf (or 1 Tbsp. fresh – this is best!)
- ½ tsp. nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- ¼ c. walnuts, toasted & coarsely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boiled whole beets (with stem end & tail intact) for about a half hour with
- a dash of salt & sugar, cool in ice water, & drain.
- Cut off stem end & tail, slip off skins, & slice into serving bowl.
- Whip sour cream, oil, dill, nutmeg, salt & pepper together in a small bowl with a fork and pour onto beets.
- Top with walnuts & serve cool.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.