This Organic Bean Salad with Mustard and Dill recipe makes the perfect zesty salad or side dish for dinner tonight!
Bean Salad with Mustard and Dill
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 lb dragon tongue or purple beans (the amount in your bag), ends trimmed
- 1 green pepper, cut into long strips
- 2 tablespoon white wine or sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ bunch dill, large stems removed (small stems can be used), finely chopped
- ½ cup handful almonds, chopped
- ½ white onion, minced
- Serves: 4 (as a side dish)
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Simmer beans and green pepper for 5 minutes or until slightly tender (you still want a little bit of crunch).
- Meanwhile combine vinegar, onion and mustard with Sunflower/Olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain beans and peppers. Toss in the dressing while they are warm. Add dill and almonds and serve.