Orange Glazed Golden Beets & Carrots w/Bacon
Author: Dani Lind
- 3 Tbsp. olive or sunflower oil
- 3 medium gold beets, cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 medium carrots, cut into similar sized pieces
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 slices bacon, cut into ¼” strips crosswise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ c. golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c. orange juice
- Heat oil in a large skillet (well-seasoned cast iron or nonstick) over medium heat & stir in beets, carrots, shallots, bacon, salt & pepper.
- Mostly cover with a lid (leave it open an inch or so) & cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring once or twice, until vegetables start to brown.
- Uncover & add raisins & orange juice. Turn the heat down a bit & cook uncovered, stirring every couple minutes, for another 12-14 minutes, until liquid has turned to a glaze & vegetables are nicely caramelized. Serve immediately.