Morrocan Cinnamon Carrots
Author: Phil Mueller-Recipe adapted from epicurus.com
Recipe type: Side Dish
This recipe is so simple and ubiquitous in North Africa with almost every meal having some form of it.
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely grated (about 4 cups)
- ¼ cup sunflower oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, mashed or minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup raisins, soaked in warm water for a 10 minutes and then chopped.
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Cover and let marinate inthe refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Served chilled or at room temperature.