Moroccan Sweet Tomato Puree
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower or olive oil
- 2 lb. ripe tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan & add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt, & sugar.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the liquid has gone & the puree is thick, jammy, & almost caramelized.
- Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add the cinnamon, pepper, honey, & more salt to taste.
- Stir well & cook for another few minutes.
- Serve with cold with crusty bread/pita, or hot ontop of grilled chicken, summer squash, or eggplant.