Miso Mashed Potatoes with Garlicky Edamame
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 lb. potatoes of similar size, scrubbed
- Cold water to cover
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. red miso OR 1½ Tbsp. white miso
- ¼ c. cooked, shelled edamame
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Combine potatoes & cold water in a pan, bring to a boil, & simmer over medium heat until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain water, add sour cream, 2 Tbsp. butter, & miso & mash.
- In a small sauté pan, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. butter & add garlic & edamame.
- Saute until garlic turns golden, about 1 minute.
- Pour over mashed potatoes & serve immediately.