Miso Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side DIsh
- 1 bulb garlic, unpeeled
- ½ teaspoon Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 pounds potatoes, rinsed and quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ to 1 cup plain soy milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons aged barley miso
- Chives or green onions, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Slice ½-inch top off garlic bulb and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap in aluminum foil. Bake until garlic is soft and golden, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven. When until cool enough to handle, peel garlic cloves, mince and set aside.
- In large pot, add potatoes and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 15 to 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and force through a potato ricer or mash until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in garlic. Cover and keep warm.