Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
Author: Rachael Phillips
Recipe type: side dish
A nice way to add flavor and not too much spice to a corn dish. Absolutely scrumptious!
- 4 ears of corn
- ⅓ c. mayo
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, microplaned (into paste)
- ½ – 1 tsp. chipotle pepper
- ¼-½ c. cojita cheese (parmesan works as a substitute)
- 2 limes, halved
- Grill the corn, in husk, for about 9-12 min, until nice and tender.
- While the corn is grilling, peel your garlic cloves and grate them with a microplane to make a nice garlic paste.
- Combine garlic paste with mayo.
- When the corn is done, you can either eat it on cob or cut it off – choice is yours.
- Either way, with each ear of corn, slather on garlic mayo, sprinkle with chipotle pepper (as much of as little as you want based on your spice preference) and cheese.
- Squeeze ½ lime over all of it and eat.