This Mashed Root Trio is such an easy and delicious way to serve up all sorts of tasty veggies to your family and friends. We love making this recipe for Thanksgiving!
Mashed Root Trio
- 6 carrots chopped
- 3 parsnips, chopped
- 2 scarlet turnips chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add in the veggies. Return to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook until the roots are tender, around 30 minutes.
- Drain & return the veggies to the pot with the burner turned to low. Add in the remaining ingredients and mash together until creamy. Serve warm!