Maple Cinnamon Roasted Squash
Author: Dani Lind
- 8 cups cubed butternut squash (the red kuri squash would work as well)
- 2 tbsp Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil (optional– protects baking sheet when the sugars caramelize so it won’t be sticky/hard to clean).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss a few times to evenly coat the squash.
- Spread out on your baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Check and stir everything around and put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- When the squash is soft, place under broiler for 1-2 minutes (be careful not to burn!) or until sugars have carmelized.