Lots of Greens & Sweet Potato Soup
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter or sunflower oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potato, peeled, quartered lengthwise, & thinly sliced
- 4 cups lightly packed greens, washed & coarsely chopped (spinach, turnip/radish greens, pea vine, chard, kale, etc.)
- Splash of fresh lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. miso, dissolved in some broth (optional)
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika (optional)
- In a large, heavy bottomed soup pan, sauté onion in butter or oil until translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, coriander, salt & pepper & sauté for another few minutes.
- Add stock & sweet potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer until sweet potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add greens & simmer for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add remaining ingredients, turn off heat, & serve.