Lebanese Salad & Green Bean Salad
Author: Dani Lind
- 4 c. spinach, whole leaves & stem
- 1 c. green beans, cut or snapped in half
- ½ medium onion, finely sliced
- ⅓ c. plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped (reserve a few whole leaves for garnish)
- ½ c. walnuts, coarsely chopped & toasted
- ½ c. red bell peppers, very thinly sliced
- Steam spinach for a minute or two, until just wilted.
- Run under cold water to cool & drain. Arrange it on a serving platter.
- Steam green beans for a couple of minutes, cool, drain, & place on top of wilted spinach. Arrange onion & red pepper slices on top of beans.
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice & mint together in a small bowl & drizzle over salad.
- Top with walnuts & extra mint leaves for garnish.
- Add toasted pita wedges for a complete meal!