Lebanese Chard & Bean Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 c. chard and/or saute mix, whole leaves & stem
- 1 c. green, purple or dragon tongue beans, cut or snapped into thirds
- ½ medium onion, finely sliced
- ⅓ c. plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ c. walnuts, coarsely chopped & toasted
- ½ c. sweet peppers, very thinly sliced
- Steam chard for a minute or two (greens for slightly less time), until just wilted.
- Run under cold water to cool & drain. Arrange it on a serving platter.
- Steam beans for a couple of minutes, cool, drain, & place on top of wilted greens. Arrange onion & sweet pepper slices on top of beans.
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice & parsley together in a small bowl & drizzle over salad.
- Top with walnuts & extra parsley for garnish.
- Add toasted pita wedges for a complete meal!