These Indian Style Potatoes Carrots and Turnips make a lovely meal or a wonderful side dish to accompany other Indian dishes. This recipe is also tasty with naan and yogurt.
Indian Style Potatoes Carrots and Turnips
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large or 2 small gold turnips, diced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and season with cumin, turmeric, coriander, chili powder, salt & pepper. Cook and stir until onion is browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and stir in the potatoes, carrots and turnips. Stir to coat, then cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, and add water if necessary to keep from sticking to the pan.