Honey & White Wine Braised Vegetables
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 3 cups mixed or single summer vegetables, such as: carrrots, sliced cross-wise ½” thick zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cross-wise ½” thick green, yellow, or purple beans, whole, stems removed cauliflower, cut into ½” chunks onions, cut into ½” thick strips
- 2 Tbsp. butter or oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ c. white wine
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skilled or heavy bottomed medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add cut vegetables & saute for about a minute.
- Add honey & wine & bring to simmer.
- Lower to medium heat & cook until liquid has reduced (around 10 minutes).
- Season with thyme, salt, & pepper & serve.