Honey Braised Roots
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 medium scarlet turnips, cut into wedges or half-moons
- 3 medium carrots, but into same size pieces
- 3 small or 2 medium parsnips, cut the same as the carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. white wine, vegetable stock, or water
- In a heavy bottomed large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter & add roots.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring several times, until they start to brown.
- Add garlic & stir a few times, then add honey, salt/pepper, & liquid of choice.
- Turn heat to low-medium & braise until liquid is reduced to a glaze & vegetables are tender, another 10-15 minutes, adding a bit more liquid if necessary to prevent burning.