Grilled Zucchini Pasta Salad with Peas, Goat Cheese & Pesto Vinaigrette
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini/summer squash
- 1 cup snap or snow peas
- 8 oz. pasta corkscrews, shells, or penne
- 3 Tbsp. pesto (garlic scape & arugula pesto would be great)
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ c. olive or Driftless sunflower oil
- ½ bunch of scallions, chopped (white & green parts)
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Carefully slice zucchini lengthwise into thin slabs ¼” thick. Brush with oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper & grill until just soft & grillmarked (this can be done up to 2 days ahead, anytime you have the grill going!).
- Let cool, then cut into large pieces (refrigerate if doing ahead of time).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil & blanch the peas for no more than 30 seconds.
- Immediately remove with a slotted spoon or strainer & run under cold water.
- Boil pasta in the same water until just soft & drain.
- Rinse with cold water & let drain. In a large serving bowl, whisk the pesto, vinegar, & oil. Fold in grilled zucchini, peas, pasta, & scallions.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with goat cheese & serve room temperature.